Friday, February 1, 2013

Day one of 31 Challenge

Hello my reader!  I've decided to toss my dubious nail art talents out there and join The Crumpet in her next awesome Laid Back 31 DC.  I love following these challenges because it shows me a lot of wonderful art, introduces me to a ton of great blogs and gives me inspiration to perfect my manicures.

So, this is my first nail art... I'm completely nervous and, it's not as perfect as I like.  The challenge inspiration is black and white.  I decided I would do a gradient for it!  Bad idea.  I'm not very good at gradients yet and the black totally overwhelmed the white.  So I got... dingy gray nails.  Then I decided I would SAVE it... and paint black tips and white moons.  Typically I can free and it quite well, but this time... FAIL!  Fail number two.  So, I fell back on my good ole reliable. 

POLKA DOTS!!  Which saved it pretty well I think.

I'm happy with it.  I'm proud of it.  I know it's not going to be the best, but I'm still totally jazzed to see what everyone else puts out there.

So, Happy Manicures!

<!-- start InLinkz script -->
<script type="text/javascript">
               document.write('<script type="text/javascript" src=http://www.inlinkz.com/cs.php?id=225468&' + new Date().getTime() + '"><\/script>');</script>
<!-- end InLinkz script -->

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thought you might like to know that I have nominated you for a Liebster Award! http://specialgirlnails.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/yay-i-won-liebster-award-or-3-lol.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! I will have try this sometime, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete